The first season was good. The second season was even better. There may be a spoiler or two if you haven’t seen the first season, in which case I don’t know why you are reading this, as it is the second season.
Kidou Senshi Gundam 00: Season Two
There was only one thing that was corny and dumb about this show.
Premise: In this continuation of the first season, Celestial Being has taken up arms against the A-Laws and Ribbons Almark, an Innovator who, without giving anything away, is a bad guy.
Reaction: Bang-out. As I said before, there was only one thing I didn’t like about this season, but I’ll list that below under cons.
- The plot was so intricate and never got boring. As every episode ended it made you yearn to watch the next one. In this sense, I’m glad I waited for this season to get about half way done before I started watching the first season. This way, I would end an episode, and immediately be able to watch the following one.
- Fight scenes were awesome. Do I need to further my explanation here? No. They were awesome.
- There were a few BAM’s. But nothing that really blew me away.
- The characters all had interesting back-stories. I may further elaborate on this later. I will for one person at least. A lot of the characters got awesome. Example, Louise, a bitchy little shit, becomes a Mobile Suit fighter, and fucks shit up.
- First and foremost. The biggest con was Lockon’s situation. Neil Dylandy, who had the code name of Lockon Stratus in the first season, obviously died at the end. But not to worry, he happens to have a brother that looks exactly like him that we never knew about until now. Not only does he look like him, but he also decides to go by the name Lockon Stratus. This reminded of me of Beerfest (a great movie), where Landfill dies, but suddenly he has a twin brother that’s exactly like him, and decides to call himself Landfill in memory of his brother. The difference is, Beerfest did it because it was a ridiculous situation, thus funny, where as Gundam did it because they couldn’t think of another character? Two ways this could’ve easily been fixed by either mentioning Lyle Delandy in the previous season, so it doesn’t seem like you just made him to make it seem as if Neil isn’t dead, or having him look different. just give him different hair, it really doesn’t matter.
- Not enough BAM moment. I had heard previous that there were BAMs off the charts. But honestly, I didn’t really see anything that surprised me, shock me, or make me pump my fist and go, “FUCK YES!”. I mean the fights were sick, but I was usually just like, “Whoa sick.” and not “BYAAAHHH!!!”. Of course, the series still was awesome anyway.
The best character, is Setsuna F. Seiei. He got nasty. Actually, all the main characters got nasty, but he got REALLY NASTY. I wish they had mire Allelujah/Hallelujah in this series, because he would have been the best.
I don’t really have much more to say. As for the ending, I thought it was good, and it sets up nicely for the movie that will come out in a year. That’s gonna be bangin.