When I first heard of this anime, I thought, awesome….this really has potential to be good, which it did……..when I finished this anime, the only thing that occupied the cartoon think-bubble above my head was “?” Here, look at this:
That picture enticed me to watch this show. Although the title did too. What do I mean? Well, if you look, each word is the same as the preceding word, except the change one letter. Venus (change the n to an r) Versus (change the e to an i) Virus. That’s cool. All arrows pointed to a 5 in the ratings. Then came the watching. In the end, here’s what I thought:
- Pretty good characters, especially when Sumire went berserker. But yea, the characters were really good I thought.
- Good plot. Killing demons? Can’t really fuck that up…as far as plots go, demon killing is almost a sure thing.
- Too many flash backs…How many times do we have to see the scene where Lucia’s mother died? Once is fine, I promise I won’t forget it.
- The animation was sub-par, it seemed lazy too me….I mean, it wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t stunning, I’m going to start getting strict with the animation of shows. Blow me away with some shit. Karas? That was very nice animation.
- They forgot the ending. I mean, there’s really no other explanation. It kind of just stopped. After the last episode, I literally just sat there for ten minutes (15 seconds) contemplating what I just saw, bewildered and confused, before looking for season 2, which had to exist. If you’re wondering, there wasn’t one, and if there was, I have yet to find it. Honestly, there are so many questions at the end, including all of the questions that were originally given at the start. You wanna know the ending? Here’s a SPOILER: The exact end scene is in the first 2 minutes of the anime. Nothing happens. I mean really.
All in all, it wasn’t a bad show, but it wasn’t great, it didn’t meet my expectations, and they weren’t that high (they were raised a bit, but not high). This series got sucker punched by Bill:
The ending (or lack there of) really killed this one, so for the first time in a while, I am forced to give this a:
FINAL GRADE = 4