Just like alcohol, nicotine, drugs, and sex….Anime is an addiction. If you watch 3 series within a certain time frame, then you are officially hooked, and about to become addicted. There’s nothing that you can do to stop it, and nothing you can do to change this fact.
Here’s a challenge to anyone who disagrees with this theory:
Since different people like different genres of shows (not just anime) Here are the more popular genres and three shows from each. I dare you (if you don’t watch Anime, and/or think it’s stupid) to watch these three shows. I guarantee that you will become hooked, and eventually widen out to other genres.
- Samurai Champloo
- Code Gaess
- Beating Angel Dokuro-chan (Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan)
- Hayate no Gotoku!
- Kamisama Kazoku
- Love Hina
- Toradora! (this isn’t finished yet, but it is eying my top ten with voracious eyes)
- Full Metal Alchemist
- Cowboy Bebop (this is fantasy right?)
- another thing
A Little Bit of Everything
- Mai HiME
- Shakugan no Shana
- Zero no Tsukaima
It started getting hard to place these, because I kept over-thinking them, but either way, I guarantee that if you watch any of these sets, you will be hooked (I have watched or am watching (Toradora!) every anime in said groups, and consider them all good, even the romance ones (that was a hard fucking list to make by the way, I think those might be my only three romance ones that didn’t suck). I know from experience. Dragonball Z turned into Inuyasha, which led me to watching video on the Internet, which led me to Naruto, Bleach, every single anime I’ve seen or have yet to see. I used to be the kid that though anime was the dumbest thing ever. I hated it. Now I can’t stop. Well, sort of. Let me explain the Rules of Anime
THE RULES OF ANIME
(These apply to me, they may not be the same for everyone)
1. Anime is addictive – I’ve covered this, although not well.
2. Watching of anime comes and goes in spurts, ie, One week you may marathon several shows, and the next week only watch 3 episodes a night, but you will ALWAYS WATCH ANIME DAILY (unless you have no means to watch it, in which case you pace the house, bored).
3. The only way to quit anime is cold turkey, once you get past a week, you don’t need it (I have done this). HOWEVER, once you see anything that is Anime (a picture, commercial, someone says something that reminds you of Anime), you will fall of the wagon….HARD.
4. Anime takes a backseat to any other event. IE, if some calls you and says, “Let’s do something.” Then go do something….don’t be lazy….unless you’re just going to watch TV. Don’t become a hikikomori.
5. Once you start getting into anime, you begin to watch more and more genres, and even you don’t like these genres at first, you will eventually like them. I’m hungry.
I wasn’t kidding, I need some food, therefore I will stop here, and eat like….a sandwich:
THE BEST SANDWICH EVER!
- 2 Slices of Bread
- Peanut Butter
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- Tall Glass of Milk