It’s been a while since I watched an entire show before I reviews it, or marathoned a show for that matter. Rizelmine was 24 episodes, but each episode was quick (only around 14 minutes), so it didn’t take long to finish.
Extremely Quick Plot Description: A 15 year old boy who only likes older (developed) women is forced (by the government) to marry a 13 year old loli girl.
Why is this show good?
- The first (and foremost) reason is Rie Kugimiya. She was in it, which is the only actual reason why I watched this show.
- The humor starts off as stupid random humor (the first episode especially), and as the series went on, it developed into mainly sexually oriented humor, all of which I thought was created nicely.
And of course:
- The fact that Rizel loves Tomonori (main character) but he seems to hate her, because she is a 13 year old loli, and he isn’t a pedophile, like Ryuunosuke:
This dilemma creates some plenty of funny-ness, usually based on sex.
Why does this show suck?
- First and foremost, the OP gets pretty damn annoying. Although I must admit, it’s still pretty damn catchy.
- Besides the OP getting on my nerves a bit, Rie Kugimiya’s voice is a bit too high pitched, and caused my ears to bleed several times.
So what did I think? All in all, I enjoyed this series a lot. The humor was right up my ally fucking awesome (it almost reminded me of Inukami! humor), and the general story I thought was put together nicely. I finished it pretty fast (considering that I haven’t had much time for anime lately), and I never got bored of it, therefore I am going to give it a
FINAL GRADE = 5^^ (8/8)