This show was DAMN GOOD.
Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo
Great goose-ness. I picked up this show back in January, randomly. I didn’t read about it. I didn’t know anything about it all. But I was hooked on it immediately.
Premise: Ugh..I hate writing premises. That’s why mine always suck, and seem like a lazy fuck wrote them.The fact is, if you’re reading this, then you should have finished the show by now. I’m not even going to write one here. I may never write one again. I will say that the premise was intriguing, and took a lot of twists and turns. Some were surprising, some were not. But they all contributed to making this anime a success.
Here is the first and one of the only problems that I found with this show:
Okay, in this scene….wait….first of all, what was up with these scenes. Were they real? They didn’t really have any purpose. I mean, they were kind of cool, but notice the screenshot above. She seems to be writing an important note. But we never learn what she actually wrote on it. I HATE THAT! I WANT TO KNOW WHAT SHE WROTE! (more (actually less) on this later).
Personally, I’m kind of expecting a second season. This is just speculation from me, and as usual, is based on nothing, but they left a decent amount of questions along with the conclusion of this anime, as well a decently open ending, so a second season is entirely possible. Frankly, I’d like to see another one, because I do not believe in “too much of a good thing.”
Let’s see, I could do some pros and cons next, but I like changing it up, so I’m randomly going to talk about a random character randomly. Is this character my favorite character? It could be, but I really just chose randomly.
I don’t know, Nami. Everyone just hates on you. Your family pretty much hates you, and I don’t really know why. They don’t support you, and you are what me and Matt Parrotti’s sister, Corinne, refer to as a “Brown Child.”
Nami, your sister Akiha is the “Golden Child,” meaning that she is the favorite, and you’re pretty much just kicked to the side. Not gold, brown. You’re always wrong, even when you’re right. Being a Brown Child myself, I feel your pain, and can totally see why you would want to destroy everyone and everything in the Universe. Wait, let’s take a minute to see how cool Nami looks:
People are, for the most part, stupid, dumb, retarded, and dumb, and I don’t like them in general. This refers to all people, regardless of race and gender. So I’m going to have to side with Nami. She might be a bit psyco, but that’s a rare, special trait that is rarely found in girls these days (girls are out of their fuckin minds). But here you have Nami, who has been treated like shit her whole life, and instead of people trying to help her or something, they do this:
Give Nami a break. Personally, whenever I saw Nami fighting, I was rooting for her to win. This show would be infinitely times better if Nami just killed everyone (even though it was already infinitely times good). I mean, she’s seeking revenge on the universe (I LOVE revenge), which is totally awesome. How can you not root for Nami? It’s her against the universe, a girl out for revenge, the fight of one person standing up for what she believes in. I endorse Nami as my favorite character in this anime.
So yea, Nami is awesome. I’ve established that as undeniable fact. She was the best looking and had the coolest personality (she was a psycho). What else was good about this show. I could just say everything, but that would be cheap and lazy, even for me, so I’ll at least make some bullets or something.
Awesome Things About Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo
- The characters designs, aka, costumes, faces, ect, were all amazingly done. I mean, you could say that they were nothing special, but that would make you wrong. Everyone was unique, and that rides high in my eyes.
- The characters themselves kicked ass. You can’t have a good show without good characters, and this show provided with both of these categories placed somewhere around perfect.
- The plot was GREAT. I’ve never seen any plot in any show (let alone any anime) that had a plot quite as cool as this. AI Controlled Space Colonies that Fight Each Other. It’s just really fucking cool. And the way that it was projected was excellent as well. Especially the last several episodes, where everything was kind of turned upside down.
- The animation and the special effects were quite good really spectacular. Simplybill can fill you in on that. Now I’m not a big fan of CG (in fact, I usually hate CG with a passion, exceptions being Transformers movies and a few others), but the CG was used as good as it could be with Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo. I loved how everything looked. The visuals were easily the best I’ve seen in a long time. Maybe even ever. A+
Questions About Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo
- What was written on that note?
- How did Honoka and Kagura stay so young looking for 50 years? Was it QT Powers?
- Speaking of QT Powers, what exactly are they?
- Okay that’s all good and dandy, but how do they exist, like, is there some kind of machine that lets you use QT Powers?
- Why didn’t they just let Imo-chan stay dead? I liked it more that way. Enough of this “everyone lives” bullshit. I knew she wasn’t dead at all, because there’s a picture of her spinning after the OP finishes, and they don’t just kill off that kind of character.
- What was with the music? I mean, I still don’t know if i disliked it or if I absolutely loved it.
- I HAVE CONTROL! (this isn’t a question, or a bad thing, but I wanted to yell it now)
- Will that Headless piece of armor ever find a suitable head?
- Can I expect a second season? (of course I can expect it, but that doesn’t mean that it will happen).
FINAL GRADE = 5^^
Well, that’s all from me. until next time, see you later space cowboy…