You know what I’d like to see more of? More anime cameos. I love it when a character from a completely different and irrelevant anime shows his or her face in another anime. I mean, take Hayate no Gotoku for example. When Nabeshin had a cameo in one episode (episode 32) of the first season, it was the best day of my life (except for October 27, 2004).
All I’m saying is that I would like to so more cameos. And just to make things clear, any cameo must include all of the following things:
- The character must make a visual appearance.
- The character must be voiced by the same seiyu that did his or her voice in the character’s original anime.
- The character performing the cameo must have a speaking part.
- The character performing the cameo must be present in a scene with characters from the present anime (ie, don’t just throw in a character from another anime before and after commercial breaks, or in a random scene that has nothing to do with the present anime).
- This last one is optional, but the character could voice opinions that relate to their show (Ex: Edward Elric could talk about Alchemy or being short).
Here are some suggestions:
Osaka from Azumanga Daioh in pretty much anything.
Osaka would be a great cameo character. She one of those characters that can say or do pretty much anything and be funny. She’s so dumb (in a good way). Speaking of “in a good way”
Motsu & that furry thing from Negima!?
I can’t remember the name of the fluffy cat (or whatever it is) but this tandem is destined for cameo performances. Just add them in anywhere and have Motsu say “In a good way.” and it’s golden. “In a good way.” is probably my favorite repetitive one liner from any anime.
Nagato from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu
Let’s face it, who wouldn’t want to see her step in during a scene of pretty much anything and say something logical with her emotionless voice? She’s awesome.
Eye rest my case.