I’ll probably be the only one who thinks this post is brilliant. If you read it, you might get free beer!
Now that I’ve got your attention with the empty gesture of free beer, here are some things I would like to say:
I was only going to watch 2 shows week to week:
- InuYasha: The Final Act
- Natsu no Arashi 2
Well, so much for that. I couldn’t hold back…on….Nyan Koi!? Really!? Nyan Koi was the show that I couldn’t not watch? Well whatever, the show kicks ass.
Premise: From all the fall preview posts and shit like that, you should know the God damn premise already, if not, the internet is a vast source for information, you can find out the general plot somewhere I’m sure.
Basically, after two episodes of this show, I have learned that it actually has some pretty good humor. I like cats, or as the Mexicans call them “Los Gatos de Diablos”, so talking cats and a show with similar episodes doesn’t bother me at all. So far the best character is:
This girl loves cats, but what’s more, she’s got some style. I like the hair, I like the makeup, she looks cool. If a girl looked like this in real life, I would probably date her maybe depending on how the transition of makeup on an anime girl to makeup on a real life girl went. I mean, things in anime tend to look a lot cooler looking than things in real life. Cosplay comes to mind, although I no longer have any problem with cosplay (I’ll still never do it).
So Kanoko looks cool, but she only wore her makeup for one fucking episode. That’s fucking gay. It looks like she won’t be wearing any anymore either, which is even more gay. However, she’s still the best character due to these factors:
- Cool Personality
Honestly, the only reason I like her as a character is the makeup and the tomboy persona. Whatever. This show is good so far.
Speaking of cool looking characters….
The Top Cool Looking Characters Ever List
I don’t know if anyone remembers that I was making a “list” of cool looking characters, but I was. I still am, but there’s a lot of writing and picture finding and unfortunately I’m very lazy. Maybe I’ll put out one more to round it off. Speaking of lists…
Longest Post in the History of Eye Sedso
I am currently writing a very long post. It was going to be cool, but unfortunately, I’m very lazy, and it’s taken me weeks just to get to the D’s, and since I have started this post, there have been a lot of similar posts coming out (which I won’t link to because it will give away what this post will be about), so now my idea isn’t going to seem original, which actually doesn’t effect me at all. I’m still writing it, and maybe I’ll finish it (it get’s longer by the day though. (you might be able to guess what it is, although that’s a large “might”.) Speaking of lists…
Worst Characters Ever List
That’s right, I’m devising a top ten worst characters list, and here’s what I know about it so far:
- Reina will be on it.
- Shippo will be on it.
Speaking of Shippo…
InuYasha: The Final Act – Episode 2+3
Fuckin Kagura died (again, since I already saw her die in the manga). Fuck that. Kagura is like, awesome. If she were a girl in real life, I would probably date her. Not maybe. It’s a sealed deal. However, I am yet to meet a girl with red eyes that isn’t an albino, so that’s not going to happen ever.
Episode 3? I’m not sure I even want to watch it (I do), because it’s about fucking Shippo. No I don’t mean that some one is going to penetrate Shippo, say, with a penis. I mean that the episode is about Shippo, and Shippo is fucking stupid. No, I don’t mean to say that Shippo is having sex with someone named stupid, I mean that Shippo is one of the worst characters ever.
Alphabet of Manliness: Extended Version
When I went to buy this today (a task which I should have done earlier). I became enraged because Borders didn’t have it. Therefore I traveled from Westfarms Mall in New Britain (or Newington or where ever) to Westfield Mall in Meriden, where Borders books doesn’t blow hard, and purchased this book for $16.50. It contains 30+ pages of material compared to the original, including the Numbers of Manliness. It’s funny, and since some ass hole still have my copy of the original, because he’s too cheap to buy his own, I enjoy my purchase.
Other Stupid Shit
Yes, I will have a review of Phantom down below, this way the title makes sense, because everything “in between” is literally “in between” Nyan Koi and Phantom. I rule.
Let’s see here. Here are some things that I still haven’t finished but probably should have finished by now, if not for the fact that, believe it or not, my life does not revolve around anime. I had a busy weekend getting hammered [delete] My whole life is one big doubt. What the fuck was I even- oh yea:
I should have finished by now:
- Basquash! – good show, not watching for some reason EDIT: I have restarted watching it, and it’s still awesome.
- Pandora Hearts – good show, not watching for some reason, started to yesterday though.
- Bleach: Whatever that new movie is that I was going to watch tonight until I started writing this bullshit update/filler/juicy fruit post.
- Tenchi Muyo – Wtf, I started it and was flying through. Then I stopped.
- Ranma 1/2 – Honestly, it’s been about 7 years now since I started this.
- Spice and Wolf II -good show, could finish in a day no problem.
- Umi Monogatari – good show (from what I saw).
I should have started:
- Natsu no Arashi 2 – Under-rated.
- Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei – This show kicks ass. Why the fuck have I only watched one episode?
- Onani Master Kurosawa – This looks like it’s right up my alley, Wtf?
- Bakemonogatari – I space out my Shinbo.
I have only just started:
- Aria – got through half of the first episode, then Megavideo said “Ah Ah Ah! You didn’t say the magic word! Ah Ah Ah!” Then Samuel L Jackson got his arm bit off by a raptor. In fact, it was Baka-Raptor (I guess I might as well say that).
The New York Giants
Are the most disgusting team I have ever seen. If they get anything less than a Super Bowl victory this year I will be sadly disappointed. Although they have been playing teams like the Raiders (who they DESTROYED with their back up players).
The Boston Red Sox
I didn’t even watch the first game. I tortured myself into watching some of the second game. To tell you the truth I didn’t care about the playoffs at all this year. Usually it’s my favorite time of the year. Today I watched the game with general excitment. Then they put in Papelbon, and I almost just shut the tv off. I had been saying ALL YEAR. Trade Papelbon. He gets worse every year. He can’t control his fastball, everything is over the plate. You know what? Here are a list of things that I CALLED.
- In game 2 Yanks vs Twins, I actually said, “Texiera is going to get to first somehow, and then A-Rod is going to hit a home run.” I have witnisses. Naturally it happened, andI wasn’t surprised in the least.
- The Red Sox brought Rameriz in the relieve. I said, “he’s going to load the bases, and probably not get a single out.” Needless, to say, it happened.
- The Red Sox Brought in Papelbon in the 8th [today] and I said, “Well, that’s the game, Papelbon SUCKS.’ Needless to say he allowed about 3 or 4 runs. I don’t know WHY Francona didn’t just leave Wagner in. He gave up a hit and a walk and then settled down. STUPID, BONEHEAD MANAGER.
- “Carl Pavano will pitch good tonight. (I actually said this about the one game playoff as well). As usual, I was correct.
I can predict anything. I think that the Yankees will probably win everything, but the Angles have a fierce lineup. So anything can happen.
The Denver Nuggets
Are fucking awesome, and this year is the year that they beat the Lakers (even though the Lakers are even better than last year….somehow).
Speaking of Nuggets….
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Shit, I used the only screen shot of this show that I took. I need a picture below the title though, so I’ll just pick a random one that I have lying around.
Yea, that works. Okay, review. Phantom, in my opinion, was…….PHANTastic! (*crickets*). What’s wrong with that? It’s a good pu- okay fine then.
Premise: Again, the internet is vast. I will tell you that it’s about assassins.
I almost dropped this show. Then I just let it sit and pile up interest (episodes) over time. Good thing I did. I was able to avoid a recession and didn’t end up laying this show off. Nor did I give it a bailout. It was a good show though.
I’d say the thing that stood out most for me was the story progression. Something was always happening that moved the story in a different direction, and even though there were a lot of corny moments, they really weren’t that bad. I really on;y had a few things that I didn’t like about it:
- Reiji died at the end. Now, I don’t mind the fact that he died. I expected one of them to die. But the way that they killed him off was so stupid and pointless that as far as I’m concerned, he’s alive and having sex with Eren (not Elen….Elen isn’t as cool looking or sounding as Eren, so her name, as far as I’m concerned, is Eren). I mean, I guy in a wagon randomly kills him in the last second of the last episode, after the entire plot is basically over. They just kind of did it to say that they did it. Retarded. Marks off for that.
- The soundtrack was repetitive to say the least. In one episode, it seemed like they played the song that was supposed to be for “building suspense” for what seemed like the entire 24 minutes. It became very stupid, and slightly annoying, to say the least. Incorrect answer, Phantom, Marks off.
Cal, because she somehow went from being the girl in the above burger picture, to being a girl with huge tits who kills people in only 2 years. probably physically impossible in real life. I mean, one day she’s like, 12, then next day she’s like 18.
Also, she was easily the best of the assassins. I mean, she had the watch, and when it stopped playing she would shoot the other person. Wasn’t that in a Clint Eastwood movie or something? If you know (Mike) then feel free to tell me.
Too bad she died too.
Overall, though, I thought that it was pretty cool. I liked how they incorporated the Phantom of the Opera (which I have never seen, and don’t plan to see any time soon) into the show with a similar name. Overall, I’d give it a
FINAL GRADE = 5 (I had it at a 5*, but after a few days, a 5 is better)
Wow this became a long ass post.