This post is going to be very quick (after writing this post, I’ve realize that it will actually be a decent sized post). Here are some things that I just feel like I have to say before I leave for a great weekend in NYC:
On Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Have you noticed that I’ve stopped doing episode reviews? That’s because I fell behind on the series. However, I just got myself caught up, and all I have to say is, HOLY CHRIST, THIS SHOW IS A BANGOUT!
Dear God, things are smashing me in the face left and right. I’m finally into new material, so everything seems a lot better, because I’m not comparing the pacing or anything to the manga. Here are some notable things that I noticed:
- Ling is now Greed. I bet Ran Fan will bring him back to his senses at the end.
- Scar is the fucking man (we already knew this).
- Father actually isn’t Hoenheim (I wonder if I spelled that right? Oh wait, I don’t care). This leads me to believe that Hoenheim is actually a good guy, and I wonder how he is related to Father? Don’t tell me or I’ll kill you.
- Al’s body lost a LOTTTTT of weight, and the end to episode 26 was fucking awesome. Probably the best ending to an episode yet.
- This show looks like it’s going to be in my top ten almost definitely. Probably top five (unless it completely collapses)
- Episode 28 was the dumbest shit ever, and it was confusing me so I skipped it. I hate recap episodes. If there was anything important in it, leave me a comment with details (unless their spoilers, in which case I’ll kill you).
On Nyan Koi!
Coming into the Fall season, Nyan Koi was one of the few shows that I was actually looking forward to. I expected specific things and a certain type of anime from Nyan Koi, and it hasn’t dissapointed. I admit, that it is completely awesome, and everything I expected it to be:
- A show containing cool cat characters.
- A show with enjoyable comedy (you won’t laugh hysterically or anything, but it does it’s job to be enjoyable).
- A solid cast of characters, each with differences in their personalities.
Pretty much, Nyan Koi is like a breath of fresh air to me. It’s awesome. Go watch it. I’ve been looking forward to this show more than InuYasha (can you believe it? I can’t). While I’m on that subject…
On InuYasha: The Final Act
It’s still fucking awesome.
On Franken Fran
If someone picks this up and scantilates this, I’ll love you as much as I love Sumimasen Scans for picking up Katteni Kaizo, which is a lot. This manga is awesome beyond comprehension of a human mind (unless that mind was tampered with by Fran).
On Kuuchuu Buranko (Trapeze)
I couldn’t help myself any longer and watched the first episode. I made it halfway trough the episode (more on that in a bit) and have decided that this show contains the most unique and awesome artwork I’ve ever seen in a show of any kind. Remember Yellow Submarine? That Beatles cartoon movie thingy? I never watched it because it looked gay, contained the Beatles (who really aren’t that bad but I hate them anyway) and had stupid looking art. What a joke. Anyone who enjoyed that movie is a fucking hippie, and should go live in the woods where you belong. I bet you thought I was going to compare that shitty hippie movie to Kuuchuu Buranko, didn’t you? Nope, I just wanted to tell you that Yellow Submarine is a piece of shit. As for Kuuchuu Buranko, it’s completely awesome, and watching it is almost like watching a SHAFT production on acid, which is nice.
How crazy is it? Real life actresses in anime! WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!?
She’s not the only one, the main character, Kohei, also is melded with real life.
As stated previous. I watched right up until Kohei woke up from his sleep (due to the shot). Then I felt the urge to sleep. God damn it this show is going to hypnotize me. I’m not watching it anymore untill it’s complete, then I will watch the whole thing and get my mind proberly fucked up.
Recently, I started Kanamemo (Rie Kugimiya is in it, so I feel obligated to watch). It started off okay, but quite quickly, it became a tremendous piece of shit.
Here’s what happened, episodes 1-3 weren’t really all that bad, but then I got to episode 4, and the roof came crashing down:
Over the span of 4 episodes, the characters have gotten increasingly more annoying, and increasingly harder to put up with.
- The one pedofile who gets drunk act has gotten old already. Actually, it got old around episode 2.
- The lesbian duo…well I haven’t really gotten sick of that yet, they don’t do much to annoy you, they’re kind of just there. But I’ll admit, sometimes they piss me off with their bullshit.
- The girl who likes money (green hair). I feel like she’s barely been in this show to be honest.
- The loli 4th grade…boss? I’ve seen this whole thing before in Pani Poni Dash. However, I will say that the aspect of seeing other people work for a 4 year old, who is more mature than any of them, is great to watch. She might even be my favorite character.
- Rie Kugimiya’s character, is good, because she’s been in only about half of the episodes, and it’s Rie Kugimiya’s character, so I’m bias, and she’s playing a typical Rie Kugimiya character….damn I really want some fried fish right now. That craving just hit me in the face…anyway.
- Kana is a dumb main character and serves no real purpose in the show. She intorduced us to the cast by moving into this place in the first episode, and now I feel like she’s not a central character even.
I guess the only character that really really bothers me is the drunk child molester. She’s fucking annoying. Hey writers? Ever heard of oversaturation? Her liking women of illegal age was funny once or twice, but you’ve been pounding that into the groud. I can’t take it. I hope that Alexander Anderson makes a cameo and cuts her head off for being an un-holy drunk whore who likes 13 year olds. That, or she get’s arrested for groping a small child at a theme park, and no longer has a part in the show
Episode 4 in General
What the fuck was this? A fuckin musical? I hate musicals. The only musical I’ve like was The Nightmare Before Christmas. That was good. Tim Burton is the man. But this bullshit just pissed me off….they were singing about bathing suits and working and God knows what else. Fucking gay.
Bottomline: Kanamemo sucks. even though the OP isn’t that bad.
I started watching it again and I’ve completed episode 13. It kicks so much ass that I feel like I’m going to shit my pants from excitment. Am I the only one who likes it? Hmm I’ll have to see how this plays out.