One subject, broken into more than 20 separate posts. It’s going to go kind of like this.
Each day, I will release a new letter. I have all of my anime alphabetized, so this post is going to start with Numbers through A, that is to say, anime titles beginning with a number (or period) and the letter A. Tomorrow, B, the next day, C, and so on and so forth.
I was going to make one post, and just have it be really long. But I previewed the post when I was around G, and realized that the post would be way to long, and nobody in their right mind would read the whole thing. In fact, I doubt that anyone will read this.
As I go, I will also paste each section in the page on the top, which will be titled (if it isn’t already) “Anime Character List” or something like that. Anyway, I’m trying to set this up so that this post will end right before December 6th, which would be one full year of Eye Sedso, which blows my mind. Let’s do this shit.
Let’s start off with the A’s (or dots?)
.hack//SIGN – Sora
*This show was dropped at 21
Ugh. What a shitty way to start off what should be a pretty cool post that most people won’t read anyway. I hated every single character from .hack//SIGN, which is one of the reasons why I dropped it (like, 3 episodes away from finishing it). Sora is cool because he not only has sick knife-like weapons, but he kills off the other characters, and I hate them, so he’s okay in my book. I mean, every other character is so fucking lame that….you know what, fuck it. NEXT!
07 Ghost – Frau
*This show was dropped at 4
Wow, this post is starting off badly, as I didn’t like either of these first two entries. 07 Ghost was too gay for me. and Frau gets the win here only because, based on his collection and love for erotica, he can’t really be considered completely gay. Also, he provides some comic relief by being perverted, which is fine. I still don’t like him.
Afro Samurai – Afro
First of all, I would like to point out that Afro Samurai is filled with some of the most awesome, insane, fucking cool anime characters out there. Any character in this show could be a number one. But look at Afro:
- He’s got a fucking afro.
- He’s voiced by fucking SAMUEL L JACKSON!!!!!!
- He’s fucking sick at fighting.
- He looks fucking cool (even if you take out the afro)
- Have you seen his sideburns? He reminds me of a Japan’d out version of Jules from Pulp Fiction.
- He’s black, and black samurai kick ass (judging by this anime, which is the only place I’ve seen a black samurai).
- He was an awesome hockey coach.
Basically, if Samuel L Jackson is voicing a character, you know that it HAS to be a character that is not only bad ass, but awesome.
Ah! My Goddess! – Urd
What is it about Urd that makes her awesome? Is it her sometimes abrasive personality? Is it her sick white or silver or whatever color that is hair? Is it the cool markings on her face? Is it the fact that she’s both a Goddess, and half devil? Yes. In fact, it’s all of those. Belldandy can suck my fucking balls, Urd is the best. I wish she just turned demon and killed everyone. (I fucking hate Belldandy).
Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka – Nagomi Shiraishi
What the FUCKK??? I didn’t choose Rie Kugimiya’s character? No. No I did not. And that’s because Nagomi is awesome. She almost reminds me of Nagato from Haruhi (you can guess who the best character is gonna be from that show) because she’s oh so mysterious. I mean, take the haunted house episode for example. She was fucking weird. She’s fucking weird, and I think that’s a good quality to have. (I can’t remember much of this show, and that means it wasn’t that great).
Akikan! – Yell
So yeah. Why Yell? First of all, she has a cool weapon, aka a sword (thingy). Second of all, she’s an obvious lesbian. Thirdly, she acts like a cat sometimes (like in that shitty filler episode). That’s it. Those are all of my reasons. Take it or leave it. The show really wasn’t all that great, so I don’t care.
Aoi Hana – Kyouko
If you read my review of the series, then you know that I chose her because she looks awesome with that blonde hair flipped to the side. And she cries a lot, which is super effective. What the hell, she’s awesome. And a lesbian (actually I think she’s bisexual. I bet she ends up with her fiance).
Asu no Yoichi – Chihaya Ikaruga
This girl has STYLE. I mean, she’s probably one of the best dressed characters that I’ve seen in anime in recent memory. She causes trouble and draws fucking manga, which is cool, even though in every single anime it seems there’s always someone who draws manga or something, and they always end up being the coolest characters. Look for her the next time (or the time after that) that i do a cool characters post.
Asura Cryin’ – Kanade Takatsuki
Okay, first and foremost, Heterochromian = Glory. So big points there. Secondly, most of the other characters are kind of lame. In fact, this show was pretty fucking bad. But Kanade ruled, before the artists shit the bed and couldn’t draw fucking eyes (or anything else for that matter). You want to see why else she’s awesome? See this post.
Azumanga Daioh – Tomo Takino Kimura Sensei
Now first of all, this was a tough call between Tomo and Osaka. Oh and by the way, anyone who is complaining right now (I know you’re out there) about why Chiyo didn’t win because she’s “so cute and blah blah blah.”….shut the fuck up. I don’t care. Tomo’s the best (even though Osaka is really fucking close), and what’s more, here’s why:
- She’s impulsive. Remember when she threw Chiyo’s keys into the woods because she wondered what it would be like if they lost the keys? That’s showing real zeal and character. I love it.
- Actually that first quote is almost enough to prove my point, but I’ll continue….She slacks nicely. Now when class time rolled around in high school, I found it to be an ample time to slack off and take naps. Even yesterday, I had a paper due, but I didn’t overwork, I simply ignored the problem (doing the paper) and it went away (it was optional, but I really should have done it). Of course, college desks make it hard to nap on, they’re so fucking small. plus I don’t sleep much anymore.
- She reminds me of me (or how I used to be). Fucking retarded. (I miss having a shitload of energy, and bouncing off the walls). I used to be so impulsive and eccentric that I didn’t know what to do with myself. Then this year it all disappeared. I fucking matured. I’m pissed off that I matured. It’s all this ISSS’s fault, letting me organize my thoughts and shit. FUNGUL!
This should probably be a tie between her and Osaka. Osaka fucking rules.
Well I debated for a while, and then I went looking for the clip where Tomo throws the keys, and I found this one:
I totally forgot about this dude. He was funny as something that you laugh really hard at (like how shitty my analogies are). Kimura was my favorite (but Osaka and Tomo still kick ass). Azumanga Daioh was the shit.