Well, well, well, some troll told me to read this, and this was welcomed with agreement. And in case you’re wondering, no, this isn’t hentai. In fact, there isn’t even anything sex related really (aside from one chapter, but that’s only a small bit of nudity really, and we’re all mature anyway). I read Fetish, and enjoyed it for the most part. I mean, one chapter (chapter 2) was one of the coolest things I’ve ever read. In fact, a lot of it was really awesome. But some chapters just left me saying “huh?”. For example, there was one chapter, about a pregnant girl and a cab driver, really made no sense. I mean, it made sense, but it was kind of dumb. (it was also really short). But this was the only chapter that I didn’t get. It still wasn’t horrible by any means, but the point of it was lost on me. SPOILERS: She abandoned her baby at the airport. That’s pretty fucked up, but so what? What next? It just ended. I felt cheated.
Final Grade – 5
Kyoukai no RINNE
Well, thanks to Mr. Black, I’ve finally found out that Kyoukai no Rinne is available for free, and legally, online. I didn’t know this before, because I am an idiot, and was simply waiting week after week for more Kyoukai no Rinne to be translated (this is a lie…I actually just forgot about it until now). Needless to say, when I went to said site, I wasn’t able to view chapters 17 and 18, because they had been taken down (boooo). However, I was able to view all of the other chapters from 19 onward, which was enjoyable.
For those of you who don’t know about this manga, I wrote a post on it a while back. It’s Rumiko Takahashi’s (Inuyasha, Urusei Yatsura) newest manga, and it’s awesome. I feel like it’s very similar to InuYasha in terms of characters and plot, and maybe that’s why I like it.
- Both have female lead played by school girl.
- Both have male lead played by someone who is from another world (in a sense).
- Both have character who exorcises demons (one correctly, one completely wrong)
- Both have small character (one an annoying fox-demon, one a cooler cat demon)
- Both are done by Rumiko Takahashi.
Let me touch on one thing that all of Rumiko Takahashi’s manga have in common: The small character:
I feel like all of her works have one really small character. (clockwise from top right)
- Happosai – Ramna 1/2: One of the worst characters ever made. A short old perverted man who likes to steal underwear, and is the only reason why I am bored of Ranma 1/2.
- Shippo – InuYasha: A child fox demon who really doesn’t serve much of a purpose in InuYasha. I don’t mind him anymore.
- Ten – Urusei Yatsura: A mischivous cousin of Lum. Ten is actually kind of cool. I mean, he breathes fire.
- Rokumon – Kyoukai no Rinne: The best of the small characters. He’s actually kind of funny, and closer to a normal character. He’s actually cool. If you’re wondering what he is, he’s some kind of cat demon thing. Anyway, back to the manga:
Personally, I will always like InuYasha better, but that might be because the deeper plot hasn’t really developed yet in KnR (you get the sense that there’s going to be something a bit deeper…at least I do. I’m only at around chapter 28 though, so I’m no where near caught up (there’s like 40+ chapters now! I like that!)).
Like InuYasha, this manga is good, unlike Urusei Yatsura, which got really really boring after, ohhhh sayyy…100 chapters of bullshit (and likewise, Ranma 1/2 started getting boring around the same time, except in episodes, not chapters (because I didn’t read the manga, I watched am in the process of watching the anime)). at least KnR has subplots that last a few chapters, and contain good humor. I’ll actually laugh outloud at some things.
So what am I trying to say here? Basically, I want this show animated now. I mean…..in like….a year or two (now is too early). I’m sure eventually it will be animated, and basically what I’m trying to say is that I can’t wait. That’s………that’s it.
Franken Fran 27
That’s not pudding, it’s a dead dog.