This will contain spoilers for the show (really small ones that aren’t even really spoilers at all, but you’ve been warned) and the ED for this show is AWESOME:
With that, I have become a fan of Polysics, who did the song, which I now have on repeat via You-tube. And no, You-tube does not actually have a repeat option, I simply have to manually replay the song from the beginning after every time it ends, which, for the record, sucks. I wish You-tube would make it possible to put a video on repeat. Like, give the player repeat option….seriously. Doesn’t that make sense? I mean, okay, you’re not supposed to actually upload music onto You-tube, but still, everyo-
Is this a review of Moyashimon or a You-tube Player rant?
So then. Moyashimon. What’s it about? For the most part, it centers around a certain ability of the main character, Young Link, who, for some reason, can actually see microbes with the naked eye. Of course, these micro-organisms appear much bigger and much different looking to him then they would appear under a scope, but still, that’s just a perk that Young Link has.
So, Young Link (who goes by the alias of Sawaki in this anime) can see microbes. He and his perverted gay friend Kei decide to enroll in an agriculural university in Tokyo, which looks like the most fun place to be on the planet. Seriously. Planting, making sake, hot girls, drinking sake, micro organisms, making and drinking sake, and sake? Count me in! And that’s not all!
What else can one possibly add to this already stellar scholarly curriculum? Only the most bad ass school festival ever created!
One thing that I especially liked about Moyashimon, besides the great animation and movie-like feel that it had at times, was the Festival Episode. I have been known to not enjoy the whole festival episode plotline, but sometimes, they can really turn out well, as long as they’re unique, and trust me, this school festival is unique as a platypus. I only took a few screenshots, because I was enjoying the episodes so much, but here they are, for your viewing pleasure, laid out smack dab in the middle of this sent-
Before I get started. Some info on the girl character. You’ve probably already guessed, but that girl is actually Malon. Where do you think she got her farming skills? Tokyo Agriculture University baby. And if you haven’t noticed, Malon is totally eye-fucking the shit out of Young Link.
So what do these three screenshots, which actually don’t cover any of the cool parts of the festival, mean? Well, in the first one, we have the organizers of the festival. This group of people are explained in the anime, but I wasn’t really paying attention or something, so I have no idea who these people actually are. Basically, they have awesome tight black suits and white towels wrapped around their heads. These get-ups are then covered in symbols and shit that look totally awesome. They almost reminded me of Spiderman, albeit without the red and blue costume. Or the web-slinging abilities. Or the New York City backdrop. Or the-
I’ll get back to them in a minute, but first, the general rules of the festival, laid out for your viewing pleasure in bullets:
- You can not use real money. Real money must be traded for fake money of equal value. However, once the festival is over, this money becomes useless, and you are not able to get your real money back, so you should only trade in an amount of money that you plan on using all of.
- The festival does not end until a specific requirement is met. However, this requirement is never mentioned, or hinted towards. The students must figure it out and complete it for themselves.
I decided to use numbers instead. Bet you were all confused as shit, huh? Anyway, I’ll let you in on the rules of this specific tournament festival via bullets for real this time. Let it be known that this is much better to get from the anime. If you haven’t seen the anime, I would watch it before reading the rest of this. But that’s just me, and it’s not like this spoilers anything, I’m just covering the rules of the tournament, which, in the anime, you find out gradually, over the course of several episodes. So anyway, bullets:
- I used numbers again instead of bullets. Suck it.
- Each student is given a paper fan, and a paper ball, which they are required to wear on their heads. If the balloon is popped by a person dressed in black (like the ones standing guard at the gates) then they lose all of their fake money to that person. Likewise, if they pop a balloon of a black cloven person, then they get all of that person’s fake money.
- People dressed in the black suits can only attack in the shadows or under cloud/night cover. So if they’re in the sun, they will be deemed “out” by an umpire (they have umpires all over the place) and be forced to relinquish they’re fake money. They can also not go into buildings.
- The festival ends when the main black dressed dude sitting in front of the gate is taken down. He has a key in his balloon that unlocks the gate. The person to pop said balloon also receives 100,000 yen (1000 dollars US) of fake money, which they can use to buy….oh say, a set of aphrodisiacs.
Is that fun or what? Needless to say, Young Link gets the dough AND the aphrodisiacs, which don’t work on Hasegawa, but do work on two other girls, who then have hot lesbian sex. Here’s a screenshot of an apple that Prof. Itsuki used when trying to sell his aphrodisiacs to Young Link and his friends:
When I saw this, I immediately said “Vagina” outloud. In fact, the whole reason I made this post was to show this picture. In case you’re wondering. Yes, I would fuck that apple. I would fuck it right now. In fact, right now, I would fuck a brick. I would fuck anything. Thank God my cat is dead, because I’d probably try and fuck that too. Hey….pussy is pussy. Here’s a picture of the girls who, after being impaired via aphrodisiac, had hot lesbian sex:
What’s odd is that Malon later talked about how disgusting it was for same genders to kiss. Then this happened:
What a lesbian whore. Admit your feelings Malon! God this series was good. But who is my favorite character? Well, you could check my character page, or you can just read this:
At first I didn’t like her because she was such a bitch. But she dressed awesome, and just look at her when she’s drunk^! Classy!
FINAL GRADE = 5*
First play this music, then read the following:
Can you believe it? I’ve somehow pulled within 5 votes of Yumeka for the third round of the aniblog tourney! I’m astounded, and on the comeback quest (hence the music). Do I have what it takes to complete the comeback? Only you can decide! A VOTE FOR EYE SEDSO IS A VOTE FOR YOURSELF!