New Theme: Better or worse? Drop me a comment below. Personally, I think it looks a LOT better, but there’s no side options, which kind of sucks.
Time to crack back the knuckles and do my first actual series review that I’ve actually done in an actual good long while. I’ve finished a bunch of series over the said long while, but I’ve not felt the need to talk about them unless they were good enough to talk about. And even those that were good enough to talk about, like Toppa Tengen Gurren Lagann, I didn’t talk about anyway because I was simply too busy not giving a shit to review them with words. I put my review deep into a twat instead. However, I am re-creating Eye Sedso, and, as klux told me to do, “fucking the twat.” (only time I’ve heard a girl actually tell me to fuck the twat). Angel Beats, as fate may have it, has just ended after I’ve decided on an Eye Sedso renaissance, and is indeed, also good enough to review. I’m gonna kick it old school with this review. There will obviously be spoilers.
Premise: Everyone is apparently dead, and has thusly been sent to this world. Not happy with the way they died, they are determined to fight God so that they don’t disappear from their current world. There is fighting and all sorts of shit, but then all sorts of other shit collide with the first shit and create a Perfect Shit Storm (in a good way). Basically, the initial plot (dead people trying to fight against God) takes many turns and twists and changes over and over (very smoothly I might add), so I’m not going to try and explain. Let’s do pros and cons! Bullets!
- The humor was always well spread out, well done, and added right at the right times of the show. It never over-saturated the content or masked anything else that was going on in the show, nor was it added too sparsely. This was a show that always had a laugh, right down to Kanade’s school song in the final episode. I will add that all of the humor was funny, and I don’t think that they failed at any time in this aspect.
- The drama too, was pretty well done. I mean, at times it might have had some overdramaticness, and maybe some of the characters’ pasts might be a bit unbelievably, but I can usually accept anything, so I had no problem with it. I mean, I never got choked up at any time (nor did I feel any resemblance of sadness, like I did with Clannad, admittedly), but everything was pretty good.
- The animation? Stellar.
- The characters? Awesome. Iwasawa was my favorite, but by the end of the show, I had changed chose the obvious choice for best character.
- Did I mention? Awesome OP????
- Iwasawa FUCKING DIED RIGHT AWAY. I would have liked it if the series was a bit longer, so that the characters could be explained and developed a bit farther. I mean, You would see characters for a few episodes, but you never really got to know any of them, except maybe Kanade or Otonashi. I would’ve liked it if the characters had more depth to them, but that’s hard for a 13 episode series. The lack of character depth is gonna hurt this anime.
- Not enough blood. I like blood. Not enough. Although that doesn’t always make a show better….look at Tokko, that has lots of blood, but it’s a piece of shit. If I ever finish it, I’ll write a review bashing it into the ground. God Tokko sucks…..this whole con was pretty much just to bash on Tokko. What shitty animation. I’ve never seen such-
Uhhh…hello? Is this a review on Angel Beat’s or fucking shitty Tokko, which, by the way, is so shitty, that I would rather die than watch that piece of shit. As a manga, it might not be bad, but the animat-
Chill out bro I got it. Next con:
- The story, while awesome, was still lacking something. I think this could be the depth of characters, but I feel like it was just a tad cheap. Something was missing. It was like ordering the best pizza ever, but when you got it, you saw that a piece of missing. The pizza was still really fucking good, but you really end up missing that piece, and then, because of the missing piece, you are unable to feed your whole family and they starve to death out in the cold. The bears come and ravish themselves with the carcass of your dead fam-
Just move on to something else.
Otonashi Gets The Shaft
Remember the last episode, when Otonashi is repeatadly telling Kanade that he loves her in a loving way lovingly? He’s pretty much crying to her, telling her that he loves her. But does she ever once tell him that she loves him too?
Nope! She never even mentions the word “love” ! BAM! Sorry Otonashi, you’re never gonna get any from Kanade. The only response Otonashi got from his confessions was a simple “thanks.” At one point, she even said, “Thanks for loving me.” But she never once said that she loved him. Too bad, now Otonashi is left with nothing but a dramatic camera pan toward the sky.
Best Character – Kanade Tachibana
Not only is Kanade awesome because she satisfies me with her emotionless veil, but she also provides plenty of humor from her extremely literal ways of thinking. Kanade Tachibana is my favorite character from Angel Beats, but another Tachibana is a favorite character elsewhere….coincidence?
My other favorite Tachibana:
That settles it. I’m going to buy one of those new xboxes and get this fucking game. It looks awesome as FUCK:
If you look at the Shu story, you can effectively find pretty much all of my favorite characters ever from both Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors. Liu Bei? Zhao Yun? Musashi Miyamoto? Ginchiyo? That’s my dream team right there! Fuck I need to get this. I’ll get it for PS2 it’ll be cheaper. I can’t continue with this review after discovering this game. Here’s the Final Grade and Bill:
FINAL GRADE = 5
If the manga is ongoing or different I may check it out.
I was gonna proof read this, but then I didn’t.